- Spanish Immersion classes are based on the Communicative Approach with emphasis on speaking proficiency.
- All of our classes are fully taught in Spanish by highly competent and friendly teachers.
- Our teachers are certified to teach Spanish as a Second Language.
Groups & Schedule
- Mini groups of no more than 6 students.
- Classes are from Monday through Friday from 9 to12 or 1 to 4 p.m.
- Three 50 minute lessons per day with 10-minute breaks between lessons.
Spanish Immersion WITHOUT Work Exchange - Bunkhouse Accommodation
Requirement for enrollment: Spanish Immersion and Internship students are required to be at least 20 years old.
|2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||Each additional week|
Spanish Immersion WITH Work Exchange (21 hours a week)
This program is an opportunity to learn Spanish in exchange for work at Rancho Margot. In order to take part in this program, please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We will look into opportunities depending on your educational background, experience and qualifications. Requirement for enrollment: Spanish Immersion and Internship students are required to be at least 20 years old.
|Type of accommodation||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||Each additional week|
Work Exchange areas available include:
- Certified Yoga teachers
- Cattle farming & organic agriculture (must be capable of strenuous work)
- Social media & marketing assistance (must have own laptop & skill-set)
- Reception (must be fluent in English & Spanish)
- Restaurant & dishwashers
- Construction & carpentry
All Prices Include:
- Introductory Ranch Tour
- Tuition and book
- Room and board (3 meals daily)
- Two yoga sessions per day (7 a.m. and 4 p.m.)
- Pick up and drop off in La Fortuna
These prices do not include optional adventure tours.
Type of Accommodations
- Bunkhouse: Double occupancy
These dormitory style rooms are equipped with one bunk bed and each room has a 2 person capacity. The bunkhouse is equipped with 5 showers, 5 toilets and a common area for everyone to enjoy.
- Field House
The Field House is shared with our local workers and volunteers, men and women are separated. The field house accommodation comprises of several bunk beds in one room and a shared bathroom and the showers have only cold water. Volunteers must clean their own room and bathroom.
In order to guarantee your reservation, a non refundable deposit of US$250 must be paid one month in advance. The remainder is required upon arrival.
What To Bring
You will need a notebook, a pen and a dictionary. We also recommend that you bring index cards in order to study the new vocabulary after class.
Costa Rican holidays are observed with Spanish Immersion scheduling and classes will not be held on:
- January 01
- March 28 & 29
- April 11
- May 01
- July 25
- August 02 & 15
- September 15
- October 12
- December 24, 25 & 31
We require that all students present proof of medical and/or travel insurance for the duration of your program at Rancho Margot.
How to get to Rancho Margot from Juan Santamaría Airport
- Public bus to La Fortuna from the bus station in San José. There are direct buses at 6:15, 8:40 and 11:30 a.m. We recommend taking a taxi from the airport to the bus station. The only official taxis are “Taxis Aeropuerto”. You will see their office at the exit of the airport http://www.taxiaeropuerto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=105&lang=en
- Public bus to Ciudad Quesada. In Ciudad Quesada, take another bus to La Fortuna. These buses run approximately every hour.
- Private shuttle: Interbus. The shuttle must be taken from a hotel. https://www.interbusonline.com/Reservaciones/Servicios/asp/paso1.asp
- Private taxi. We can also arrange for a private taxi to pick you up at Juan Santamaría airport and drop you at the ranch.
- Airplane: Nature Air. In order to book your flight the destination option is Arenal. http://www.natureair.com/arenal-flights.aspx Take an official taxi from the international airport to Tobías Bolaños Airport, located about 17 km away.
We will provide you transportation from La Fortuna to Rancho Margot. Our shuttle leaves in front of the Catholic Church. We will confirm your pick up depending on your arrival time.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
¡Empecemos a hablar español!