Home/Contact/Travel Safety Advice
Travel Safety Advice
We want you to have a very enjoyable experience at Rancho Margot! Please take the following into account during your visit to Costa Rica:
- Never leave your belongings unattended in public areas, buses or taxis.
- You want to help! Contact charity organizations.
- Always take care of your belongings.
- Beware of pickpockets.
- Keep your valuables in the safety deposit box of your hotel when available.
- Don’t accept help from strangers if you get a flat tire. Seek assistance from the police or your car rental agency.
- While driving or parking your car, lock the doors and keep the windows closed.
- If you need to check a map, do so in a public and secure area or ask a police officer for help.
- Traffic infractions are to be paid at banks, never directly to police officials.
- If you stay within close range of your hotel, keep your documents in a safe box and carry a copy of your passport with all the relevant information.
- Never leave bags, money, credit cards, or valuables in the car.
- When possible, try to park in the parking garages, never in the streets.