Question and Answer
Common Question & Answer (Q&A) For Rancho Margot
What is the Rancho hosting capacity?
Bunkhouse: 40 people
Bungalows: 70 people
What is the visibility of the volcano from the Ranch?
The visibility depends on the weather conditions but on a clear day our visitors can experience a top quality view from our Mirador of the Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, and the Miravalles and Tenorio Volcanoes as well.
How is the weather?
It is the rainforest. We expect rain all year long. The driest month is April, however it rains sometimes. From April through August the average temperature is 23 degrees Centigrade (73 Fahrenheit). From September through March the temperature at night can be as low as 15 degrees Centigrade (60 Fahrenheit).
Do you allow pets?
We do not allow pets to accompany guests at Rancho Margot.
How far are you from?
- San Jose: 3 hours driving
- La Fortuna: 40 minutes driving
- Puntarenas: 3 hours driving
- Manuel Antonio: 4.5 hours driving (18 minute flight with Nature Air)
- Montezuma: 5 hours driving
- Samara/Nosara: 4 hours driving
- Corcovado: 8.5 hours driving
What do I need to bring?
- Clothes that dry fast and that you won’t mind getting dirty
- A light sweater
- Waterproof hiking boots or sneakers
- Poncho or rain jacket
- Most importantly, bring your good vibes!