Driving Directions to Rancho Margot from La Fortuna
1. Drive up the hill from downtown La Fortuna (Rte 142) toward the Arenal Volcano for approximately 14 km
2. At roughly 14 km from La Fortuna center turn LEFT onto the gravel road across from the police station (look for signs directing toward Arenal Volcano National Park, SkyTram & Rancho Margot)
3. After approximately 5 km you will keep LEFT after passing the Arenal Volcano National Park
4. After crossing over the first bridge, turn RIGHT in the direction of SkyTram & Rancho Margot
5. Continue on this road until you cross over a small bridge with speed-bumps that brings you into El Castillo (you will be in front of the School of El Castillo) and keep RIGHT on the main road
6. Follow this road for approximately 3 km until you find the entrance to Rancho Margot on the LEFT and Reception is at the end of road (400 meters) on the left
Driving Directions to Rancho Margot from Tilaran
1. Drive Rte 142 toward La Fortuna around Lake Arenal
2. After driving across the Arenal Dam, stay on the main road bearing left for approximately 3km and then turn RIGHT onto the gravel road across from the police station (look for signs directing toward Arenal Volcano National Park & Rancho Margot)
3. Follow steps 3 – 6 above
GPS Coordinates for Rancho Margot are: Latitude 10.41397, Longitude -84.76595.
Transportation Options from San Jose and SJO
Domestic Flight From SJO
Take a red taxi from the international airport (SJO) to the domestic airport. (Cost is approximately $20 USD) Nature Air flies directly to Arenal in approximately 30-minutes where we can arrange pick-up and delivery to Rancho Margot with proper notification. (Approximate 1-hour drive from Arenal airport.)
In order to take the shuttle you need to be picked up in a hotel in San José and you will be delivered to La Fortuna center or to Tabacon. With proper notification we offer pick-up and delivery to Rancho Margot from these locations.
Public Bus to La Fortuna from the bus station in San José
There are direct buses at 6:15a, 8:40a and 11:30a. We recommend that you take a taxi from the airport to the bus station. The only official taxis are “Taxis Unidos”. With proper notification we will arrange pick-up at the bus station in La Fortuna and deliver you to Rancho Margot.
We can arrange for a private taxi to pick you up at Juan Santamaría airport and deliver you to Rancho Margot.